- Candlewick Players
- Youth Theatre & Dance
- Xplor Drama
- Production History
Welcome to the Candlewick Players Website!
Contact us for information on this or other audition opportunities.
If you are interested in getting future newsletters email us to be part of
our Patron Newsletter Email List...
Candlewick exists to celebrate theatre and the arts through study and performance, aspiring to reflect and enrich the rural communities it serves with an integrity to Christian and moral family principles.
Consistent with its mission, Candlewick is committed to:
- Cultivating an appreciation for dance, theatre, and music
- Disciplining its students towards competent and successful demonstration
- Providing a safe environment for students to explore and grow within each discipline
- Deepening and expanding the audience's theatrical appreciation
- Offer opportunities for youth and adults in dance, theatre, and music
- Providing the creative and material conditions necessary for each artist to fulfill the potential of his or her talent
Quality and balance.
- Quality reflected in:
- the continual training and improvement of its instructors/leadership team
- the training of its students
- the development of its performances (including performers, directors and designers)
- Balance evident in
- the variety of artistic course offerings (DanceWorks)
- the recognition between recreation and performance
- the development of each individual student within a group setting
- artistic development and careful stewardship of time and resources
Candlewick Players Production Committee:
- Executive Producer/Director - Richard J. Klassen
- Actor's Liason - Craig Blagden
- Assistant Directors - Brandon Vink / Chuck Fefchak
- Associate Producer (Christmas Dinner Theatre) - Dave Hildebrandt
- Production Assistants - Laura Greenfield / Rob Riddell
- Administration/Costumes/Music - Vanessa Klassen
- Costumes Technician - Ruth Barker
- Dance Choreographer - Tanya Schobert
- Music - Jennifer Nichol, Erin Klassen
- Production - Alex Loewen
- Production - Jeremy Plett
- Production - Jason Dyck
- Production - Kenton Dyck
- The Wick's Playwright Guild - Richard J. Klassen, Rob Riddell, Brandon Vink, Chris Kitchen