- Candlewick Players
- Youth Theatre & Dance
- Xplor Drama
- Production History
Welcome to the Candlewick Players Website!
Contact us for information on this or other audition opportunities.
If you are interested in getting future newsletters email us to be part of
our Patron Newsletter Email List...
Summer Low German Theatre
PW Enns Concert Hall, Winkler
Join Candlewick Plautedeutsche Players as they present "Duzent Maejen Faulen." Though the summer presentations have traditionally been a comedy, this summer the actors are presenting an intriguing drama based on the true live experiences of Jan and Nellie Kervel with the Dutch Underground in World War II. The drama unfolds as Jan and Nellie, along with their families, are suddenly thrust into the chaos of the war. Helping with the Red Cross, and wherever they can to help people, they would soon find themselves actively involved with the underground. However, their actions would soon find consequences as they would either be imprisoned or be fleeing for their lives.
Regardless of the loss of friends and family, both Jan and Nellie would hold strong to their faith, and their relationship with each other would grow. Filled with romance, drama, and intrigue, the play stands as a testiment to remaining true to God despite the evils of the world.
Jan and Nellie related their stories early in the last decade while living in Morden, MB. The stage adaptation was originally performed by Steinbach Bible College, and then again by Candlewick Players and now it is being re-visited with this translation into the Low German.
- Saturday, Aug 10, 3 PM
- Saturday, Aug 10, 7 PM
- Sunday, Aug 11, 3 PM
- Producers - Winkler Harvest Festival Committee & Candlewick Productions
- Producer/Director - Richard J. Klassen (La Riviere)
- Assistant Producer - Robert Riddell (Miami)
- Costumes - Ruth Barker (La Riviere), Vanessa Klassen (La Riviere)
- Costume Assistant - Katie Bergman (Morden)
- Front of House/Harvest Fest. Coordinator - Deb Penner (Winkler)
- Makeup Assistants - Ruth Barker (La Riviere), Arlyn Wiebe (Winnipeg)
- Marketing Design - Eagleye Printing (Morden)
- Playwrights - Richard J. Klassen (La Riviere)
- Radio Promotion - Goldenwest Radio
- Set Design - Richard J. Klassen (La Riviere)
- Stage Manager - Ruth Barker (La Riviere
- Technical Assistant - Donovan Enns (Winkler)
- Translation - Ellie Reimer (Winkler)
This event is in conjunction with the Winkler Harvest Festival as a fundraiser for the Harvest Festival.
For ticket information contact the Concert Hall box office: 204-325-5600
Special Event Sponsor: Parkside Lumber
Play produced by special arrangement with "The Wicks" Writer's Guild.