- Candlewick Players
- Youth Theatre & Dance
- Xplor Drama
- Production History
Welcome to the Candlewick Players Website!
Contact us for information on this or other audition opportunities.
If you are interested in getting future newsletters email us to be part of
our Patron Newsletter Email List...
"Theatre and Dance Classes - 2013-14 Season"
Interested in classes in theatre or dance? There are many opportunities for you to dust off your shoes and come out to a class. Whether is is drama classes for children, youth, or adults, or classes in Ballet, Celtic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Street and more (including fitness classes as well).
We are just in the process of organizing and confirming our next season beginning in September with the schedule to be released by the end of June. We are currently organizing classes for Morden, Manitou, and Carman. If you are interested in a class check out our "DanceWorks" pages/site for more detailed information. Theatre classes are offered both in Manitou and Morden - if interested in a class - please contact Richard or Vanessa by email or at 204-822-9981.
2013 Continues to build
With an extremely busy winter and spring season, there has been a lot of activity for the 2013 year. Renovations at the Kenmor have been continuous and though the building is being used for many activities, there is still more work in the plans. Productions have also been busy:
- Arsenic and Old Lace (Valentine's Dinner Theatre - Candlewick Players)
- Footloose (High School Musical in conjunction with Prairie Spirit School Div.)
- Jesus: Messiah (Easter Dramatic Presentations - Steinbach Bible College / Morden Community)
- Wizard of Oz (Manitou Jr Xplor Drama Presentation)
- Gala Night with Carol Burnett (Candlewick Players Comedy Weekend)
- A Bunsch of Munsch & Jolly Roger Returns (Morden Children's Theatre)
- Rewind (Concert at the Kenmor)
- In the News (DanceWorks Spring Recital)
- Silver Chair (Morden Jr. Xplor Drama Presentation)
- A Thousand May Fall (Morden Sr. Xplor Drama Presentation)
- Music at the Kenmor (Local Concert)
With the Summer Season including "Tarzan" and another great Low German presention, we are already looking to the fall and the line-up should include a number of great presentations to be announced in August:
- Manitou's Sr. Xplor Drama Fall Presentation (October 25-26)
- DanceWorks Studio's Fall Family Classic (November 8-9)
- Steinbach Bible College's Fall Major Production (November 21-24)
- Candlewick's Annual Christmas Dinner Theatre (December 5-8 / 12-15)
Kenmor Theatre under new management
Candlewick Productions is excited to announce that the Kenmor Theatre in Morden is now under the operation of Candlewick's DanceWorks Studios. After a special arrangement with the previous owners, Candlewick officially took ownership of the theatre this last fall and fundraisers and renovations have commenced to slowly develop the theatre into a performing arts and rehearsal venue with multiple dance floors/studio spaces. Candlewick is excited about the new developments and looks forward to a number of developments in the coming months. Any volunteers willing to help with renovations are asked to contact Richard.
For more information on a production - or if you would like to audition for an upcoming play, contact Richard at 204-822-9981 or email . The Candlewick Players invite you to take in the opportunity to enjoy future community theatre events or to get involved with such presentations. Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering.