- Candlewick Players
- Youth Theatre & Dance
- Xplor Drama
- Production History
Welcome to the Candlewick Players Website!
Contact us for information on this or other audition opportunities.
If you are interested in getting future newsletters email us to be part of
our Patron Newsletter Email List...
Summer Youth Opportunities
Young Performing Artists have opportunity to be involved this summer in a variety of productions and/or camps:
Jack and the Beanstalk
Who brought home beans? It is time for adventure as summer students have the opportunity to create a dramatic presentation for the Morden Corn and Apple Festival. From involvement in the development of the plot, to dance choreography, to the creation and organization of costumes, props, and sets. Students are in for fun and activity.
Coinciding with the Corn and Apple, the camp's activities include:
- Dance Instruction (performance choreography)
- Drama Instruction (leading students through the process of play creation)
- Performance Preparation (time spent creating and building the play)
- Corn & Apple Parade Involvement (being involved on a Parade Float)
- Corn & Apple Performances (2 performances are scheduled into the Festival's events for Saturday afternoon
The main camp runs August 12 to 16, with additional prep time running Aug 22 and 23. Final parade and performances then run on Saturday, Aug 24. With exception to the parade, all events happen at the Kenmor Theatre.
Dance and Theatre Opportunities with Candlewick/DanceWorks
- *Tarzan - Manitou Opera House Performance - July 26-Aug 3
- Pembina Valley Bible Camp: Dance Camp - PVB Camp - Aug 5 - 10
- Summer Intensives (Dance/Drama Camp) - Morden Dance/Drama Camp - Aug 12-16 / 22-24
* - these performances require students to audition for roles
For more information on these summer opportunities, or the fall dance schedule: Check out the DanceWorks website (side index)